Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tofu Scramble

Myself and my husband are not that fan of tofu. I know tofu is rich in protein and I want to add it to our diet. So I tried this. It worked..we loved it :-)

Recipe:

  • 1 pack tofu cut into cubes. (Cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes. When done, squeeze out water completely and shred them into small pieces).
  • Thinly sliced 1 medium size onion and 2 green chilies.
  • 1 cup diced peppers of desired colors.
  • ½ cup finely chopped cilantro.
  • ½ tsp red chili powder (as required), ½ tsp tumeric powder.
  • For seasoning - 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dhal.
clockwise: tofu, bell pepper, green chilies, onions and chili powder



tofu scramble garnished with cilantro

Add 1 tbsp oil to a skillet. When hot add mustard seeds and urad dhal. When they start sputtering add onions, green chilies, pepper to it and saute' them. Now add the shredded tofu to it and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt, turmeric and chili powder to it. Cook for another 5 minutes. Now turn heat off and garnish with cilantro.

1 comment:

Indira said...

I never cooked Tofu so far. But, I have heard about it a lot. It is good for our health. Those who are in diet, can also try this recipe. After seeing this colourful recipe, I tried it. It was Yummy. We can eat it as it is or we can eat it as side dish for rice or Chappathi. Thanks for sharing this nice recipe.